Saturday, February 22, 2020

Blog

Share your stories and ideas with the network as you respond to crisis and disaster.
Jul 23
Daniel Williamson

"If we are the Body"

Posted by Daniel Williamson in Untagged 

I heard the song from Casting Crowns - "If we are the Body" recently and I was smiling both in my heart and on my face as I reflected on the way that the Christian Community has responded recently to the disasters that have taken place here in Flagstaff, Arizona.  It has truly been devastating what has happened here with the Shultz Fire and then the flooding to follow.  Please be in prayer for our community as we are preparing for the possibility of further flooding as well as the long, persevering work that will be necessary to recover from what has gone on.  The song says "if we are the body then why aren't his arms reaching and his hands healing?"  I can answer that question with certainty that they are.  I have seen and heard many incredible stories of how the church has reached out with the Love of God and have made an eternal difference.  What a glorious thing to be a part of the Body of Christ!

Jul 21
Steve Marr

Emergency Planning and Response

Posted by Steve Marr in Untagged 

Every Disaster recovery needs funds to help rebuild. Unfortunately, often some people make pledges, and then fail  to follow through. 

Five and a half billion dollars in aid was pledged through an International fund chaired by former President Bill Clinton. Unfortunately, only 10% of the promised money has been sent.  

Moses wrote, "If you make a vow to the Lord your God, do not be slow to pay it, for the Lord your God will certainly demand it of you..." Deuteronomy 23:21. 

So you have just completed your weekend training at your local church and you are ready to get your feet wet and your hands dirty.  Disaster Strikes.   Your team has self organized and has loaded up in the the church van headed out to make a difference.  But wait, don't forget the t-shirt.  Response shirts come in red, yellow, blue, orange; any color that stands out to tell everyone around you about who you are, who your with, or what you believe.  No matter what institution you serve under, be sure to give god the glory in everything you do.   Ask yourself these questions....  Where am I putting my money and my time?  Does the institution I serve under give glory to God and not man?   

I have received emails from various ministries who have a raised level of interest in the coming emergencies.  Some of these are from the prophetic and apostolic streams while others are from evangelical leaders.  The wonderful thing is that everyone is saying the same message..."get prepared!"

This reminds me of when Jesus was forming his Emergency Operations Center (EOC) on the Mount of Olives with the words, "Watch and Pray!"  Unfortunately the disciples were not trained in proper emergency activation protocols and simply prayed themselves to sleep.   I am sure that their strong spirit was ready to pray but their weak flesh was not able to watch.

Leaders like Cindy Jacobs, Chuck Pierce, Ras Robinson and Mary Marr have been and are calling Christians to pray for our "teetering economy and corrupt society."  The CEN Chapters echo this challenge but also work further to engage local Christian Communities in strengthening what is always the weakest part, our Emotional, Mental and Physical preparedness.

Jul 19
Mary Marr

Emergency Responders Use Caution!

Posted by Mary Marr in Untagged 

What are the implications for emergency responders given the bombing in Cuidad Juarez Mexico, July 15?

The bomb exploded within walking distance of the Good Neighbor International Bridge (interesting name considering first responders were killed being Good Neighbors), a main bridge connecting El Paso, Texas with Ciudad Juarez, highlighting the potential for casualties if similar attacks are conducted in the future in the U.S.

Emergency personnel put their lives on the line every day to rescue and respond to people in crisis, but what will happen if these types of incidents are not stopped, I believe we will lose the secure infrastructure of law enforcement, response and security which is the bedrock of our freedom. Can first responders respond while at the same time protecting themselves from harm to live and respond another day? How do we secure those who secure us? What do we need to do as citizens?

Jul 19
Steve Marr

Emergency Crisis- A Way to Move forward

Posted by Steve Marr in Untagged 

Emergency Crisis- A way to move forward 

All of us are likely go through a crisis of some type during our lifetime. A key is how we walk

down that road.