Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Blog

Share your stories and ideas with the network as you respond to crisis and disaster.
Aug 04
Steve Marr

Our Strength Durring Disaster

Posted by Steve Marr in Untagged 

King David wrote, "O God, you have rejected us, broken our defenses; you have been angry; oh restore us. You have made the land to quake; you have torn it open; repair its breaches, for it totters. You have made your people  see hard things..." Psalm 60:1-3 ESV). 

As we sin, as individuals and as a nation we cut off the Lords blessing. The good part is, we can turn to Him now, regardless of our pain and circumstances. 

As David concluded the Psalm, "Oh grant us help against the foe, for vain is the salvation of man! With God we shall do valiantly; it is he who will tread down our foes." (Psalm 60:11-12). 

Aug 02
Shirley Goodman

Grief: Death of a Child

Posted by Shirley Goodman in Untagged 

Grief: Death of a Child
By: Shirley Goodman
August 2, 2010

The death of a child is an unexpected crisis that most parents rarely think about or expect to experience. Most people expect their parents and older extended family members to precede them in death but not their children. During these traumatic events, God has promised to be close to the brokenhearted (Psalms 34:18) and He heals their wounds (Psalms 147:3).

Understanding several principles about the healing and grieving process will better equip you to help yourself and others. Each of the following principles should be a consideration when a loss of a child occurs. The individual's healing occurs as he or she progresses through the grieving process. This process includes expressing emotions, saying goodbye, treasure memories, staying involved with friends and maintaining a spiritual lifeline.

THE MISSING LINK TO REVIVAL? REPENTANCE!

That there are conditions necessary for revival is virtually undisputed. II Chronicles 7:14 is often cited. And that we have prayed and prayed, at least a resilient core has persisted in prayer, without a revival coming to America, is also true. Much emphasis of late has been placed on the willingness of the church to do identificational repentance for the sins of society, without cleaning its own house, without personal repentance. We should know that repentance has to begin with us - or we will see others and the world in a jaded way (Mt. 7). The beam must be removed that affects our perspective - then and only then can we see more clearly. And that happens only when we acknowledge our own wrong.

Jul 29
Mary Marr

What is the Emergency or Crisis Turning Point?

Posted by Mary Marr in Untagged 

In the Book of Isaiah 53:10 we read that God's plan was to crush his Son Jesus Christ and fill Him with grief, making his life and offering for sin so that He would have a multitude of children, heirs to His everlasting love. As Christians we suffer as well so that God's plan will be manifested in our life and we will become spiritually prosperous.

If we walk in the light of Christ, as a righteous servant, we too will make it possible for many to be counted righteous through Him. That is what becoming a Ready Christian, Ready Church is all about. What are we readying for, is it to preserve our own physical life? Yes to survive as ambassadors. But that is not the whole reason. Is it to be so informed and aware of what is going on around us we save ourselves? Or is it to outsmart the next person with our great plans.

I believe suffering for Christ's sake means to be ready to face whatever path God chooses for us to follow so that we will become partakers of a multitude of His children coming into the fold living righteous lives which are in turn multiplying other children. If I did not believe that the many sufferings I have already experienced would not be profitable for my good or the good of others I would not be at peace as I am today. With each crisis I made a choice then and now to turn each one into an opportunity for Christ. If this were not the case I would have been crushed long ago without hope or purpose in life. I have lived to see His children come into the fold when I have shared my life story - more than I could have ever imagined. And yet, I along with Christ want more to come into His fold one at a time multiplying their own crisis into the lives of seekers until the whole world bows in righteous reverence for His Glory! This is the heart and mission of the Christian Emergency Network.

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! …For there the Lord bestows His blessings, even life for evermore.  Psalm 133:1 and 3b 

Unity is defined as the state of being undivided or unbroken completeness or totality with nothing wanting.

Jul 25
Sandie Sangster

PRAYING FOR CEDAR RAPIDS IOWA

Posted by Sandie Sangster in Untagged 

“Dear Heavenly Father,

We bow before you and ask You to bring comfort and peace to the victims of the devastating flooding.  We request Your presence during these anxious and uncertain times.  We pray that you will touch many lives; people will seek You for when they do they will find You waiting with open arms.  Only in You can we relax in life-changing unexpected moments.”